The following STAC webinars demonstrate the ways in which shared leadership can be operationalized across LEA’as and sites. Each webinar provides examples and
voices from the field.
- April 6 STAC Webinar on Advancing Shared Leadership & Highlights from the Field – The slide deck can be found here.
- Feb. 9- STAC Webinar on Student Voice: The Heart of the Work The slide deck can be found here
- Sept 29 2022 STAC Webinar on the CCSPP Framework, Steering Committees and Distributive Leadership. The slide deck can be found here
The NEA has created a practical guide for implementing shared leadership at district or systems level. In System-Level Structures for Effective Community Schools, leaders can find tips for a successful implementation of steering-committees and shared decision-making processes.
In the Community Schools Playbook: Collaborative Leadership Practices, The Partnership for the Future of Learning has developed a set of policies to support LEA’s in implementing shared leadership that is built on trust and shared responsibility. The California Partnership for the Future of Learning offers multilingual resources on Staffing for School Transformation: The Role of the Community School Coordinator in English, Spanish and Arabic.
A Community School Case Study from the UCLA Center for Community Schools – Collaborative Leadership as the Cornerstone of Community Schools: Policy, Structures and Practice
Field Examples of LEA structures:
- Steering committee bylaws
- Community Schools Contract Language
- CTA Bargaining Language
- Hoover High
CCSPP Framework states, “The LEA can also assist in aligning initiatives and building systems to support continuous improvement.” The following document discusses practices supportive of effective transformational leadership.
The National Educators Association has created practical guides on developing and implementing site leadership teams. NEA resources on collaborative leadership can be found here.
- CS Shared Leadership Structures.
- Checklist for High Functioning Leadership Team
- Decision Making in Community Schools
- Organizational structure
- Collaborative Leadership as the Cornerstone of Community Schools
- NEA webinar on developing shared leadership
- Course on Collaboration
The guide Strategies for Creating Effective Leadership Teams identifies tools for implementing effective practices in site level teams.
Partnership for the Future of Learning:
Creating Racially Just Indicators