Ongoing Family & Caregiver Engagement
Reflections and A Path Forward
- Family and caregiver engagement is not a destination, but it is an ongoing process that districts must continue to learn from.
- There is learning in successes and there is learning in setbacks
- What data do you currently collect on family engagement? Make sure you are looking at that data early and often. If it isn’t the right data–what else do you need to collect?
- Continue to regularly solicit feedback on engagement initiatives. Respond to the data you collect and be sure to share it back with those most impacted.
- Engagement does not end at soliciting feedback. Make sure you continue to allow for formal and informal ways for parents and caregivers to truly be heard and part of the decision making process.
- Remember to celebrate your wins.