The mission and vision of the statewide Community Engagement Initiative (CEI) is designed to:
- Build capacity in communities and school districts to facilitate difficult conversations that focus on improving outcomes for students;
- Identify effective models of community engagement and metrics to evaluate those models;
- Develop effective peer-to-peer partnerships between school districts and county offices of education (COEs) to deepen community engagement;
- Expand successful community engagement practices statewide.
- Serve as a facilitator, resource connector, capacity builder, and relationship builder concerning school districts’ efforts to develop community engagement.